It is our pleasure to invite you to “People and Law. 100 years of theory and practice”
The Conference will take place at the Institute of Psychology, at the University of Gdansk, 24-25.10.2019 (Gdańsk, ul. Jana Bażyńskiego 4), and it is the second Conference focused on complex social relations in the face of law, influencing professional activities. During the Conference we will discuss present topics analyzed by professionals as well as sum up achievements of past generations of experts committed to the improvement of work with those breaking the law. The conference is organized on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Prison Service, Probation Service and Police.
The scientific program will enable the participants to become acquainted with experiences and knowledge of renowned international and Polish experts. We encourage you to submit a presentation proposal.
The following topics are proposed:
1. Etiology of criminal behavior in the context of various scientific disciplines
2. Child in court proceedings – limitations, challenges
3. Application of psychological and psychiatric knowledge in forensic and penitentiary consultation areas
4. Sex offenders – diagnostic and therapeutic options and challenges
5. Methods for estimating the risk of reoffending
6. Resocialization, psychological interventions, therapy – assessment of their effectiveness in the context of undertaken activities
7. Theoretical and practical aspects of the functioning of court guardianship
8. Mission, stress and burnout – the context of work with offenders